The goal of the Melrose Park Department is to protect, maintain and develop the City’s parks, fields and recreational facilities for the benefit of Melrose residents.
The Park Department office is located at the Mount Hood Golf Course and Memorial Park Clubhouse. The office is open 8:30am to 4:00pm, Monday - Thursday and 8:30am to 12:30pm on Friday. The Park Department is responsible for the City’s parks, fields and open spaces including Mount Hood Golf Course and Memorial Park. With the exception of Mount Hood, these properties are maintained by the Department of Public Works under a mowing and maintenance contract. Mount Hood is operated and maintained under a management agreement between the City of Melrose and Mass. Golf Management, LLC. For more information about Mount Hood including membership opportunities, rates and starting times please visit www.golfmounthood.com.
Please contact the Park Department Office at (781) 662-0210 if you would like to:
- Obtain a permit for a playing field
- Find out if a playing field is closed due to inclement weather
- Report a maintenance problem or safety issue at a recreational facility
- Conduct a volunteer clean up or maintenance improvement
- Request a maintenance service for a special event
- Contact the Melrose Park Commission
- Ask a general question or comment on any of the City’s recreational properties
|Joan Bell||Superintendent of Mount Hood and Public Open Space||(781) 662-0210|