Information for Residents

Health Information

Unemployment and Employee Rights

General Assistance

  • Department of Transitional Assistance
    • Apply for SNAP (food stamps) and cash benefits
  • Melrose Emergency Fund
    • Help with food, utilities, and other expenses. Restricted to Melrose residents.
    • 781-665-4304
  • Red Cross (Ames Fund)
    • 781-665-1351
  • St. Vincent de Paul
    • The St. Vincent de Paul Society is administered within individual Catholic parishes. To reach them, contact your nearest Catholic church.
    • Incarnation: 781-662-8844
    • Most Blessed Sacrament: 781-245-2080
    • St. Mary’s: 781-665-0152

Food Assistance


Many utilities are offering extra help for people affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Here are links to that information.

Fuel Assistance

Children and Families


Legal Help



Senior Citizens


Recovery and Support


Domestic Violence


Transportation Updates


Tax Information