Passport Hours Open 11AM to 3PM (Monday through Thursday)
The mission of the Melrose Assessment Department is to provide fiscal stability by promptly, fairly and equitably determining the valuation of all real and personal property located in the City of Melrose. The Assessment Department is obligated under law to assess all property at its full and fair market value as of January 1 of each year for the purpose of taxation. This is accomplished through the maintenance and administration of all property tax data records. In addition, the department also administers motor vehicle excise tax, real, personal and motor vehicle excise tax abatements, and all statutory tax exemptions as allowed by law.
Board of Assessors
Christopher Wilcock MAA
City of Melrose Assessor Database
If you are a homeowner in Melrose, please use the following resources and check the information for accuracy. If you find any discrepancies, or would like to email us an updated digital photo of your property, please email Assessor@cityofmelrose.org or call 781-979-4104 to schedule an inspection to correct the information.
- City of Melrose – Assessor Database Online
- Instructions on Using the Assessor Database
- Property Inspection Request
- View Assessors Maps
Fiscal Year 2017 Tax Rates
Residential: $11.80 Commercial: $18.54
- How Assessments and Tax Bills are Developed for FY2017
- Fiscal Year 2017 Tax Abatement Form
- CY 15 Sales for FY 2017 Assessments
- FY 2018 Proposed Valuations
- Cl 22 – Disabled Veterans
- Cl 41C – Elderly Person over 70
- Cl 41A – Deferral of taxes over 65
- Cl 17D – Surviving Spouses
- Cl 37 – Blindness
- Cl 18 – Hardship
All forms can be obtained in the Assessors Office. Street listing valuation books are in the Assessors Office also a copy is in the Melrose Public Library.