Effective May 9, 2020: Melrose City Yard is Now Open to the Public, but City Hall remains closed.
The City Yard is open limited hours for self-service leaf and recycling drop-off. The Hours of operation are from 8am -3pm on Saturday and 7am – 2:45pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. All residents are required to wear masks and practice safe physical distancing while visiting the City Yard. (Read More Information Here)
While City Hall remains closed, you can still conduct most business remotely. More online payment options continue to be added to our website on a regular basis—including permitting fees.
COVID-19 continues to present ongoing and shifting challenges as the City works to protect the health of our employees and residents while continuing to provide a high level of customer service as circumstances allow. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we continue to work remotely and social distance to protect the health of our valued public servants and residents. Stay up-to-date on the latest Covid-19 related information here.
Here are the best ways you can keep Melrose safe:
- Visit our Melrose Helps Page to find out ways you can receive help from or give help to our community
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water
- If soap and water aren’t available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wipe down doorknobs and other hard surfaces frequently, using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Practice social distancing by staying at least 6 feet away from non-immediate family members and avoiding large groups.